[30th Jan: Adam on its way, emails are being sent out]
We saw FCC publishing their break down of Adam, and to be frank even we were little surprised by how they tore apart the pieces and then made it look like, that’s how it is assembled. But the more surprising fact was that few blogs published this information with a statement “too many hand soldered wires’.
Try finding few or one wire which is hand soldered yourself in those images. The wires you see have a snap joint and are used for 3G or Wi-Fi antenna connection. Nearly all the connectivity devices are designed like this (open your laptop to see how antennas are connected. One thing which differentiates Adam’s design with other is how the Camera is integrated. You need a 185 degree swivel function, and for that you need an assembly design which can ensure 20,000 usage cycles. NVidia’s whole SOC is 75x75mm. We have the liberty to expand the motherboard as much as we want, because even the batteries are on the cylindrical edge, and that’s the reason you see lot’s of free space (which by the way is good for convection).
But one thing is for sure, it isn’t a beautiful assembly, something which see in mature players, but we are building more muscle, thanks to your co-operation! 🙂
- We have started working on the Honeycomb and looking into how soon can we offer the update to you all! For this to be achieved faster and smoother, we would need a lot of support from NVidia, and we are looking forward to it!
- The second & third phase of shipments will start on time.
- Little bad and good news, one of our shipments for the touch screens got damaged while transportation which is going to effect a fraction of our customers. To make things worse, its New Year in China and every manufacturing plant is closed. But our touch-screen partners, Sinotek (also known as Sintek), will stay open for the Chinese New Year and re-manufacture all the remaining touch screens to deliver. I am making this special note, because we are really overwhelm at their response and want to thank all the employees at their firm who are going to miss their New Year celebrations and home visits.
- K9 and Notion Ink Mail’d team will collaborate for the future email client developments and will be working on the Honeycomb platform. The project will again be open sourced and be shared back with few Notion Ink’s IP under Apache 2 licence.
- Source for other Notion Ink’s Application: If you are looking for the code for any specific apps on the Adam, you can directly write to developers at notionink dot com and they will add you in the priority list! All the softwares developed by Notion Ink are open source and will be shared with the community soon. As far as the SDK goes, we are migrating from 2.2-2.3 to Honeycomb and once the platform is stable, will be shared with the developers.
- We have compiled the list for the next stage of order, and broken the process into 2. First you will receive the email on the purchase availability. Then, a confirmation would be sent on the product chosen’s availability. And then the customers can proceed for the transaction.
We have received a lot of emails from our customers on the Adam, and we really appreciate your response on the same. Some of you reported few bugs which are now fixed in the next updates. Looking forward to hearing you all!