We have been silent for a while, so thought of updating you what’s happening at Notion Ink in the mean time:
- Our User Interface team just expanded 4 times! For the Honeycomb we wanted a new team, and started working on the hiring process since last November. A new Lead on UI is working with us for a while (since August in fact), and what you have seen are most of his designs🙂 I will introduce him soon! (He is younger than me!) Our current aim is to unify the User Interface a lot and create better guidelines.
- Eden is a concept which is built around multi-tasking and content creation. Adam 1 was our honest approach on Froyo where we tested its limit to maximum. Our programmers come out very happy out of the presentation room where they teach themselves Honeycomb and what’s new. And most of the time they will smile when they say “what’s new!” Fragments is what panels are. We mentioned sometime ago that Eden is extremely compatible!
- Harmony and Ventana are two Tegra platforms and in September we made few hardware changes to make Adam Ventana compatible. That was done cos we sensed only Ventana devices will be able to run Honeycomb and we were right.
- We also added more strength to our legal team who will work more on the IP and Patent areas.
- One more major update is on your way and I really thank my team for that!
- As I told you earlier as well, Honeycomb on Adam is a work in progress now. All application are also on time for their port on Honeycomb.
- Our team has left for China for the next phase of shipment and logistics.
- You can call Notion Ink as Notion Ink LLC as well now! (Registered in Nevada recently)
- We did a small test of our system and CCAveneue’s web front for the next round of orders. Those were real orders. We have worked hard to lower the shipment time to under 3-4 weeks and this was our first effort. Next orders will be coming soon and you know who all are invited for it. But this time if you feel you should have been there, there will a small process where you can ensure this!
- The EAP2 Program and SDK. Now that still hasn’t kicked off because whole Notion Ink is in the mode of switching from Froyo-Gingerbread to Honeycomb. It makes more sense to share on a platform where developers can ensure their art work on more devices and which is a standard. RenderScript is also one part we are waiting for.
- Phillip, one of our friend just did a “World’s First”. He used his Adam to officiate a wedding!🙂
With Warm Regards