[Update: a conclave post will be made for the 2.3 version nvflash within an hour. Those who want to test it can download it from the links provided conclave or here as well. Word of caution in advance, only advanced users should test it out!
As most of you can see, updates are getting smoother. Please check if you have the version number NIxx310511 installed. It is quite possible that you have installed something even today, but will strongly suggest to update to this version. All the customers should get email instructions as well for manual downloads. There are different servers for sales, updates and conclave now. You can find the log (changes) file on the conclave. Some of the major changes are video player, new Panel Manager, Chords, general stability, Multi tasking menu and UI changes. (Here is the link to the log: NIxx203105011)
We have got an extremely impressive response on this round of order as well! US seems to have beaten Europe this time as compared to last order. Thanks for your patience and constant support.
With Warm Regards
[Update: Many users are experiencing some issues in update and on conclave, as we are experiencing extremely heavy traffic on the store. We have stopped the update servers for a while and will go live again at 3PM IST with new build IDs and different servers for smoother downloads and installs.
There will be alternative server addresses as well for those who want to install manually.
Thanks for being patient]
Sales are live again! Those who have received emails can log in and select the variants they want! And for those who haven’t got any email, here is the link to subscribe! http://store.notionink.com/subscribe.php Indians can expect to see integrated prices (inclusive of shipping, taxes, customs and handling charges (and yet cheaper than earlier end prices)). Australians can expect local technical support, and so can Europeans!
Also in the evening today, all can update to the new Eden 1.5 with more apps. We have kept our energies focused at Honeycomb rather than fixing everything on 2.3, but still those who want to test, can test the 2.3 variant on Wednesday!
As for a fixed date on Honeycomb, expect 27th of June with acceleration and more!
Been silent for a while. Well, that’s the silence before a lot of things come to all of us!
First quick updates:
- We are pushing the Eden 1.5 update on Monday, so click that update buttons on your Adams! It comes with more than 150 changes as compared to Eden 1.0 (you can check out the documentation on Conclave on Monday).
- We are pushing one more update on Wednesday, specially for those who want to test rich features of 2.3 Gingerbread!
- We discussed about Kindle and Dolphin Browser coming bundled on Adam, well, there are more apps coming in (some in this update like Chords (with Panel), To-Do (Panel) and some around next week)! Some for the 2.2-2.3 clients, and more for Honeycomb!
- The kernel update is on its way. The reason this update took little longer than expected end of third week was to dis-associate it from the kernel up-gradation which is required for Honeycomb. Right now you can see the images on Tabletroms working pretty well, but there are lots of errors and broken pieces.
- Last 6 weeks we were integrating all support pieces to an advanced online system, which you will soon see go live on support.notionink.com. This system is used by right from FedEx to Samsung, and we are expecting it will cut the time to response further down, get you one system to track all your issues, get live support and get to scan through a large documentation of past issues.
- @Home (from Google) announcement is a very good news for Adam users. We have a team here working on automation systems, and after their study we will release few DIY system using which you can do interesting things!
- Adam is going live again! We are going to open sales coming Monday (evening to be precise)! Those who have subscribed at http://store.notionink.com/subscribe.php will receive an email invitation.
- Good News for Indian customers. Now they will receive products with all duties pre-paid.
- We have moved all our resources from current Eden 1.5 and Gingerbread to Honeycomb, and near the end of next month, you all should have Honeycomb on your devices!
Earlier we announced that you will get one more browser bundled with Adam.
Today Notion Ink is extremely delighted to announce the collaboration with Dolphin Browser Team for their famous web browser “Dolphin Browser HD”. With it’s innovative design and powerful functionalities, Dolphin Browser enables the next generation browsing experience. You can find more details here: http://www.dolphin-browser.com/
It will come bundled with the next update all the existing Adam user will get due in the 3rd week of this month. This image will also be pre-installed on the devices ordered in the next round of orders which is about to start!
Along with some more good and importantly official news on Adobe Products, Honeycomb, More App and projects, May and June is going to keep everyone very busy.
This blog will again take the technical route starting from June, when we will enter into the world of NEON, PVRTC, Parallel Processing, 3D gesture detection and much more.
Today we announce the availability of Kindle on Adam!
Notion Ink is constantly looking for great companies to work with, and we’re excited to offer customers a way to discover and read hundreds of thousands of e-books. Adam has long waited for the perfect e-reading application. Today Notion Ink is extremely delighted to announce the collaboration with Amazon to make Kindle for Android available on our devices moving forward. As with all Kindle applications, customers get access to more than 900,000 books and Whispersync technology. Kindle takes the normal reading experience to the next level.
This is a major landmark for Notion Ink, and we hope to serve our customers better!
More announcements are coming soon!