And where the hell were we?
Long time since we last spoke! Quick updates:
- Support team strength = developer team strength. As discussed earlier we have expanded our support team and now in fact it is bigger than the developer team. There was a training need before their proper inception, and now that is also done. So expect better services. (We have hired a top batch of iTunes’ support department.)
- Streamlining the shipment process. You might have noticed emails from DHL, TNT and Gati on the shipment details. We have streamlined the information process and these emails were sent as a part of this change. Soon we are merging the 2 support systems (ours and shipment partners) so the request can be made to only to one of us.
- Notion Ink was busy in under going a Major operational change and have added a lot of talent and experienced resource on all the levels to take the firm to the next corporate levels. Notion Ink is also under the process of closing the next series of investment (and that’s where I had to spend most of my time).
- Books, which I just touched upon on the last blog, are coming from our partner in the form of store and app. Their content is good, and app ready for 2.2 and 2.3 OS. But then we are soon moving to Honeycomb, and these apps need some face-lifts.
- Eden Apps has been ported on Honeycomb!
- Notion Ink is also setting up a local Sales and Services Centers in US, Germany and India for better and faster support. The US one will get working first.
- Notion Ink has expanded in one more area: Games!
- Design, UI and animation team has also been expanded. (In fact in last 3 weeks, we have had around 80+ interview (I attend all))
- Official QuickOffice Release: LINK
- Dev team is maintaining a TRAC (moved out from wikidot now) for the current development process which will be opened for all to see, especially the wiki part. We are also maintaining the “Re-usable Code Sections” which can then be used by the developers to quickly make their apps and use one standard throughout.
- On the delay part (Indian one) There was a bribe demand from some of the people associated in releasing the product from Customs. Notion Ink would not pay them and that’s the reason for delay. (This time to ease deliveries in India, Gati had ordered all the product at once to Bombay and then ship it from there instead of one shipment per customer from China.) This endangers Notion Ink’s spirits of selling Adam in India as well, but we have to take risk and absorb loss to make this Nation cleaner (it’s a headache for me and customer, specially because it’s consuming a lot of time, but I remember once discussing with my friends that if I have opportunity, I will fight against it, and I think this is the starting)
- Whole Notion Ink’s Bangalore facility is under construction since last 30 days (re-layouts and interiors).
More updates to come soon.