First on the Update which is now available since last 2 days.
“We are glad to inform you that an update for your Adam is now available.
In order to update your Adam, you would have to follow a few simple steps detailed below.
Your Adam will need to be connected to a wi-fi network in order to download your update.
CHECK! Navigate to Settings > About Adam, and check the ‘Build Number. Is it NIA20270111 / NIA20040211 / NIP20270111 / NIP20040211?
If yes, then proceed.
If no, please install the previous update we had made available.
IMPORTANT! Please back up all your data on the Adam before attempting this update. We also recommend that you connect your Adam to the mains power supply during the update process.
CHECK! Please make sure that you have set the correct date and time on your Adam before your proceed with this update. (Settings > Set Date & Time)
Please follow these steps to update your Adam.
1. Restart your Adam.
2. Navigate to Settings > Update Adam and tap on it.
3. Now, a dialog box will open saying there is an update available for download. You can choose whether to start the download or cancel it.
4. Once you tap on ‘Start’ in the dialog box, your Adam will start downloading the update file. You can view the progress of this download in the notification bar.
5. Once the download is finished, a message will appear in the notification bar saying that your update is ready for installation. You can either choose to apply this update or choose to install it at a later time, in which case you can do so following the same steps above.
6. The update will now install and your Adam will restart.
You can also pause / resume your download by tapping on the download progress bar under notifications.
In case you need any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com“
Now to the rest of the updates:
- You can see that the shipments are in Progress now, that means your device has been shipped from China to Hong Kong. As soon as it reaches there, your status will be updated with the tracking numbers.
- Sales this time has been extremely good and now you will find more Adamites there! We went out of stock on LCD pretty quickly because we focused on PQ this time. We are about to go out of stock again on PQ in couple of days.
- Do you want books?
This is for those who were delayed. You can see the work in progress here (got these images yesterday).
This is little deeper into the factory. In one of the images you can see the HDMI and GPS test being done as well.
- We will be releasing one more Major update soon.
- This round of order seems to be going fine, we had 20 times more devices to share with you and most of them were Pixel Qi
- [Unusual update] Our developers are loving Honeycomb while porting their apps on it (but hated the emulator)!
The next round of orders have started and emails are being sent right now. The list is HUGE and unlike last time we are not taking chances by sending all at the same time. In case you think you should have received the link, you can register below:
Few important points before you proceed ahead for the payment:
- Notion Ink follows one price policy for the world and will be directly shipping from China. The end customer would be required to pay any customs duty is applicable in their respective countries.
- Notion Ink follows flat shipping rates which is $50 for anywhere in the world.
- Please check the Terms and Conditions and Warranty Policy carefully.
- The current OS is Android 2.2 with necessary components borrowed from Gingerbread. Notion Ink will NOT be updating to Gingerbread, but will be directly migrating to Honeycomb in future. There will be constant updates on the OS and most of the new updates will be for the new applications from our partners. Eden will have timely updates for more feature additions and 3rd party softwares which will be provided. You can install any application (Android 1.6 and above) on Adam.
- Adam does not have market access because it is not a phone. Android Market is an app store for phone apps.
- You MUST call your bank and tell them that you would be doing this transaction, specially in the case where you have not done a high value transaction in the past. If your bank issues a chargeback, Notion Ink will not be able to resolve the issue, as it can only be resolved after your Bank gets your confirmation from you about the transaction. Your bank’s system might still show that the transaction has been processed in such a case, but wouldn’t be actually.
- The order placements are done on first come first served basis.
- Currently there is no other source of buying so you should be beware of merchandisers calling themselves as authorized distributors of Notion Ink’s Adam, neither there is any other way to pay for the devices except CCAvenue Payment gateways.
We have tried our best to compile the list of supporters and those who are interested in Adam, but alas we are humans… The link provided above is the best way to get listed even for the future round of orders.
We really appreciate the work which these communities have done for Adam and our customers!
With Warm Regards
We have been silent for a while, so thought of updating you what’s happening at Notion Ink in the mean time:
- Our User Interface team just expanded 4 times! For the Honeycomb we wanted a new team, and started working on the hiring process since last November. A new Lead on UI is working with us for a while (since August in fact), and what you have seen are most of his designs I will introduce him soon! (He is younger than me!) Our current aim is to unify the User Interface a lot and create better guidelines.
- Eden is a concept which is built around multi-tasking and content creation. Adam 1 was our honest approach on Froyo where we tested its limit to maximum. Our programmers come out very happy out of the presentation room where they teach themselves Honeycomb and what’s new. And most of the time they will smile when they say “what’s new!” Fragments is what panels are. We mentioned sometime ago that Eden is extremely compatible!
- Harmony and Ventana are two Tegra platforms and in September we made few hardware changes to make Adam Ventana compatible. That was done cos we sensed only Ventana devices will be able to run Honeycomb and we were right.
- We also added more strength to our legal team who will work more on the IP and Patent areas.
- One more major update is on your way and I really thank my team for that!
- As I told you earlier as well, Honeycomb on Adam is a work in progress now. All application are also on time for their port on Honeycomb.
- Our team has left for China for the next phase of shipment and logistics.
- You can call Notion Ink as Notion Ink LLC as well now! (Registered in Nevada recently)
- We did a small test of our system and CCAveneue’s web front for the next round of orders. Those were real orders. We have worked hard to lower the shipment time to under 3-4 weeks and this was our first effort. Next orders will be coming soon and you know who all are invited for it. But this time if you feel you should have been there, there will a small process where you can ensure this!
- The EAP2 Program and SDK. Now that still hasn’t kicked off because whole Notion Ink is in the mode of switching from Froyo-Gingerbread to Honeycomb. It makes more sense to share on a platform where developers can ensure their art work on more devices and which is a standard. RenderScript is also one part we are waiting for.
- Phillip, one of our friend just did a “World’s First”. He used his Adam to officiate a wedding!
With Warm Regards